Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Love, from a Distance.

A muffled buzz escapes from under my pillow and suddenly there is a low glow, lighting the darkened room.

Flip of a coin, I know who it is.

Flip of a coin, I am ever lucky.

Flip of a coin, I was right.

How rare, yet - very expected. I hadn't heard from you within a week now. I quickly scrolled through pictures of your new life, girlfriend, house, cat and all to know you were busy living. Living without me. I am always left behind. Though, I shouldn't complain because I, too am guilty of the same action. Questionable is the time. 12:30 am. Had I been back at home and received the same horribly written grammatical text from anyone else I would have not replied but it was you.

You and I danced back and forth in each other lives, one of us will take the lead to waltz on solo. Showcasing our own show with an elegance that is so pure. So5 in awe to feel any emotions of hate, remorse or sadness. I could go months without communication with you. I miss you, immensely. I think you feel the same but we never ask because its better that way.

You see, I am freedom. I can go on with or without you. I am lonely but I am having a great time learning my own rhythm of my steps. Whether I am drinking wine from a glass, the time seemed a bit early but the "HAPPY HOUR, 3-5" sign seemed meant to be. As I chat with the bartender about living in Seattle. To, wandering around the edge of town, just to see the gondolas. Feeling tiny and small, when I realized I was lost. Nowhere to be found. No one knows my name. Surreal. I am lost in Venice.

I think of you - quite often. The one who I love, loved and fell in love with. A feeling with such fluidity, especially when it comes to you. How much you changed me and how much I grew from you. Sections of my heart have kept a reserve with your name, filled with our memories and disappointments.

It is friendship? Is it love? From someone who doesn't want to know because I am freedom. I am lonely. I am learning my own rhythm.

Another buzz ---

No comments:

Post a Comment